Fletcher v Davidson & Williams LLP, 2021 ABQB 125
Opinion
Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta Citation: Fletcher v Davidson & Williams LLP, 2021 ABQB 125 Date: 20210219 Docket: 1406 00800, 4806 016959 Registry: Lethbridge Between: Sharon Joy Lydia Fletcher Applicant - and - Davidson & Williams LLP, Soby Boyden Benz LLP, Foster LLP, Moe Hannah LLP, Herbert R. Beswick, Robert V.T. Boyden, Elaine L. Lenz, Ronald S. Foster, Lianne M. Cihlar, and Douglas Moe Respondents _______________________________________________________ Memorandum of Decision of the Associate Chief Justice J.D.
Rooke _______________________________________________________ [ 1 ] Sharon Joy Lydia Fletcher [Ms. Fletcher] was declared a vexatious litigant and made subject to court access restrictions on February 13, 2018 by an Order of Miller J issued in relation to Fletcher v Davidson & Williams , Docket 1406 00800 (Alta QB). Ms. Fletcher’s further abusive conduct subsequently led to expanded court access restrictions, as reported in Fletcher v Davidson & Williams LLP , 2019 ABQB 396 and Fletcher v Davidson & Williams LLP , 2020 ABQB 15 .
[ 2 ] Despite these steps, and the repeated instruction of Justices of this Court, Ms. Fletcher persistently continued her practice of sending packets of documents to Justices of this Court that purportedly give effect to some kind of pseudolegal default judgment. Justice Miller classified these materials as incomprehensible, meaningless, and seeking “remedies unknown to law”. [ 3 ] On October 26, 2020, in a decision reported as Fletcher v Davidson & Williams LLP , 2020 ABQB 650 [ Fletcher #3 ], I, at para 11, ordered that if Ms.
Fletcher seeks to initiate or continue a proceeding in the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, then she must make that application in this form: 1. A copy of the appeal, pleading, application, or process that Ms. Fletcher propose to issue, or file, or continue. 2. An affidavit that:
a) deposes fully and completely to the facts and circumstances surrounding the proposed claim or proceeding, so as to demonstrate that the proceeding is not an abuse of process, and that there are reasonable grounds for it;
b) indicates whether Ms. Fletcher has ever sued some or all of the defendants or respondents previously in any jurisdiction or Court, and, if so, providing full particulars;
c) undertakes that, if leave is granted, the authorized appeal, pleading, application or process, the Order granting leave to proceed, and the affidavit in support of the Order will promptly be served on the defendants or respondents; and
d) undertaking to diligently prosecute the proceeding. [ 4 ] On February 18, 2021 I received a packet of documents from Ms. Fletcher: 1. a “Concise Letter of Request for Trust Accounting and Safety”, dated February 8, 2021, apparently relating to the Docket 1406 00800 action; 2. two copies of an unfiled document titled “Statement of Trust Account 2006 A.D. Forward 2021 A.D. saying the Defendants and Law Society of Alberta owe Ms.
Fletcher $450 million in “Estate Trust Damages”, “Tax-Free”; 3. a document titled “Default Trust Estate Judgement Award”, that purports to somehow originate from the Supreme Court of Canada, but appears to be a draft order; and 4. a copy of an October 7, 2020 letter to Chief Justice Moreau. [ 5 ] The Fletcher packet of documents do not satisfy the leave to file application process set out in Fletcher #3 at para 11 . Instead, Ms. Fletcher is continuing her pattern of submitting to the Court meaningless and abusive documents that purport to impose some kind debt. Ms.
Fletcher’s document packet is therefore rejected for filing. [ 6 ] The February 18, 2021 packet will be placed in the Docket 1406 00800 and 4806 016959 files but only to document the basis for this decision. I very strongly urge Ms. Fletcher consult with a lawyer concerning these matters, which are closed: Fletcher #3 at para 12 . As I indicated in Fletcher #3 at para 12 , if Ms. Fletcher continues to abuse the leave to file process she faces negative consequences. This decision is Ms. Fletcher’s last warning. Dated at the City of Lethbridge, Alberta this 19 th day of February, 2021. J.D. Rooke A.C.J.C.Q.B.A.
Appearances:
Sharon Joy Lydia Fletcher for the Self-Represented Litigant