Richardson v Schafer, 2022 ABKB 645
Opinion
Court of King’s Bench of Alberta Citation: Richardson v Schafer, 2022 ABKB 645 Date: 20220928 Dockets: 1701 17295, 2001 14323 Registry: Calgary Between: Docket: 1701 17295 Kaysha Faith Richardson Plaintiff - and - Ronald William Schafer Defendant And between: Docket: 2001 14323 Kaysha Faith Richardson Plaintiff - and - Colby Christopher Wallace and Colbray Homes Ltd. Defendants
_______________________________________________________ Memorandum of Decision of the Associate Chief Justice J.D. Rooke _______________________________________________________ [ 1 ] Dale J. Richardson [Mr. Richardson] is an abusive litigant who is operating in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Federal Courts. This Court has struck out two proceedings by Mr. Richardson pursuant to Civil Practice Note No. 7 as hopeless and abusive proceedings: Richardson v MacDonald , 2022 ABQB 317 [ Richardson #4 ]. Brown J of the Federal Court has designated Mr.
Richardson as a “vexatious litigant”, and imposed global and indefinite Federal Courts Act , RSC 1985, c F-7 s 40 court access restrictions on Mr. Richardson: Richardson v Seventh-Day Adventist Church , 2022 FC 848 . [ 2 ] Recently this Court has prohibited Mr. Richardson from communicating with the Court via email because of Mr. Richardson’s persistent, irrelevant, and abusive emails to this Court: Richardson v MacDonald , 2022 ABQB 566 . Mr. Richardson’s response was to allege that is “intimidation”. Mr.
Richardson states he “... has reported Associate Chief Justice Rooke to several divisions of the RCMP for crimes and to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence in the United States. ...”. [ 3 ] On September 6, 2022, the Attorney General of Canada filed an Application with this Court for an Order that Mr. Richardson be made subject to court access gatekeeping pursuant to Judicature Act , RSA 2000, c J-2 , ss 23-23.1. Steps to complete that process have now been scheduled: Richardson v MacDonald , 2022 ABKB 627 . At present, Mr.
Richardson is subject to interim court access restrictions ( Richardson #4 ) that prohibit Mr. Richardson from initiating new proceedings, or litigation steps in this Court. [ 4 ] Those interim court access restrictions do not, however, prohibit Mr. Richardson from taking other abusive litigation steps. That is the subject of this Decision. [ 5 ] On September 16, 2022, Mr. Richardson filed with the Court an Affidavit he affirmed on September 14, 2022, in a matter where Mr.
Richardson is not a party: Kaysha Faith Richardson v Ronald William Schafer , Alberta Court of King’s Bench Docket No. 1701 17295 [ Kaysha v Schafer ]. On September 12, 2022, Kaysha v Schafer was consolidated with an additional lawsuit: Kaysha Faith Richardson v Colby Christopher Wallace and Colbray Homes Ltd , Alberta Court of King’s Bench Docket No. 2001 14323 [ Kaysha v Wallace ]. Kaysha Faith Richardson [Ms.
Richardson] is represented by Pipella Law in both the Kaysha v Schafer and Kaysha v Wallace matters. [ 6 ] Despite that, the address for service for the person filing the September 14, 2022 Affidavit reads: KAYSHA FAITH RICHARDSON C/O DALE J. RICHARDSON 1292 95th St. North battleford SK, S9A 0G2 Tel: 306-441-7010 Fax: 639-630-2551 Email: unity@dsrkarisconsulting.com [Sic.] To be explicit, the person who signed the Affidavit is “Dale Richardson”, not Ms. Richardson. The Affidavit was not witnessed by anyone from Pipella Law, but instead by Alberta lawyer Andrew G.
Keirstead, who works at a separate law firm, “Chestermere Law”. [ 7 ] The address and email information matches that of Mr. Richardson. The plain language of the Affidavit thus is that Mr. Richardson is filing materials under Ms. Richardson’s name, despite Ms. Richardson having legal representation in the Kaysha v Schafer and Kaysha v Wallace matters. I will not attempt to summarize the content of Mr. Richardson’s Affidavit for several reasons. One is that it amounts to five volumes. Second, the content of the September 14, 2022 Affidavit follows Mr.
Richardson’s pattern of making bizarre conspiratorial claims and allegations, examples of which are found in Richardson v MacDonald , 2022 ABQB 235 at paras 2-11 . The September 14, 2022 Affidavit continues this pattern, alleging, among many other things, that: • Mr. Richardson has been tortured by various actors, and will be killed; • Mr. Richardson has conducted unique and critical research into the COVID-19 and Monkeypox viruses; • the “SARS-Cov-2” virus is “... a biological weapon ...”; • that Mr.
Richardson’s criminal offense complaints against me, other justices of this Court, and judges of the Saskatchewan and
Federal courts are ignored and suppressed; • this all somehow relates to child trafficking, and “... interfered with the territorial integrity of Canada and the United States ...” and • “... I have been the only dark skinned black person in all of the matters that I have litigated in face to face. ...”. [ 8 ] What Mr. Richardson’s Affidavit does not do is actually depose of information related to the Kaysha v Schafer and Kaysha v Wallace lawsuits.
Instead, the Affidavit is about him, his numerous and strange complaints, and baseless conspiratorial beliefs, but not the actual related litigation. [ 9 ] I conclude that Mr. Richardson’s September 14, 2022 Affidavit is yet another attempt by Mr. Richardson to expand his abusive litigation, now as an interfering third party in someone else’s litigation. Mr. Richardson is falsely and spuriously attempting to characterize himself as the representative of Ms. Richardson. All this is further evidence that Mr. Richardson should be subjected to expanded litigation and litigant management. Mr.
Richardson is a “busybody litigant”, a person who inserts himself into other people’s litigation, without a basis in law or valid legally established permission by the actual parties to the action: Unrau v National Dental Examining Board , 2019 ABQB 283 at para 664 . [ 10 ] In this instance I order: 1. the September 14, 2022 Affidavit is struck from the Kaysha v Schafer and Kaysha v Wallace Actions for all purposes, except as evidence for the basis of this Decision; 2. Mr.
Richardson is ordered to forthwith pay the Defendants in the Kaysha v Schafer and Kaysha v Wallace , each, $1,000 in costs, for a total of $3,000, for having wasted the time of the Defendants’ required to respond to Mr. Richardson’s irrelevant and interfering busybody activities; 3. Mr. Richardson is prohibited from filing any documents in the Kaysha v Schafer and Kaysha v Wallace Actions, except where Mr. Richardson has both:
a) obtained an order of a Justice of this Court permitting such, and
b) paid in full the $3,000 costs amount, indicated above. [ 11 ] I very strongly recommend that Ms. Richardson consult with her lawyers concerning the interfering busybody activities of Mr. Richardson. If Ms. Richardson and her Counsel request that Mr. Richardson be absolutely barred from any future participation in the Kaysha v Schafer and Kaysha v Wallace Actions, and any other litigation that involves Ms. Richardson, this Court may grant that request. [ 12 ] I am aware that Mr. Richardson will likely disagree with this Decision.
Mindful of my obligations set in Pintea v Johns , 2017 SCC 23 to provide information to self-represented litigants, such as Mr. Richardson, concerning their litigation options, if Mr. Richardson disagrees with these outcomes, his remedy is an appeal to the Alberta Court of Appeal. [ 13 ] The Court will prepare the Order giving effect to this Decision. Mr. Richardson’s approval of that Order is dispensed with, pursuant to Rule 9.4(2)(c). This Decision and the corresponding Order shall be served on Mr.
Richardson to the email addresses he has used in his communications with my Office: dale.richardson@dsrkarisconsulting.com, and unity@dsrkarisconsulting.com. Dated at the City of Calgary, Alberta this 28 th day of September, 2022. J.D. Rooke A.C.J.C.K.B.A. Appearances: Dale J. Richardson Interfering third-party non-litigant