2016 NBCA 10, 2016 NBCA 10
Opinion
COURT OF APPEAL OF COUR D’APPEL DU NEW BRUNSWICK NOUVEAU-BRUNSWICK 62-14-CA MARY ELLEN ROSE APPELLANT MARY ELLEN ROSE APPELANTE - and - - et - HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN IN RIGHT OF THE PROVINCE OF NEW BRUNSWICK (The Province of New Brunswick including the Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General and Finance), PREMIER DAVID ALWARD, ATTORNEY GENERAL MARIE-CLAUDE BLAIS, THE HONOURABLE BLAINE HIGGS, DOUG HOLT and MARTHA BOWES RESPONDENTS SA MAJESTÉ LA REINE DU CHEF DE LA PROVINCE DU NOUVEAU-BRUNSWICK (la Province du Nouveau-Brunswick, y compris le Ministère de la Justice, le Cabinet du Procureur général et le Ministère des Finances), le PREMIER MINISTRE DAVID ALWARD, la PROCUREURE GÉNÉRALE MARIE-CLAUDE BLAIS, L’HONORABLE BLAINE HIGGS, DOUG HOLT et MARTHA BOWES INTIMÉS - and - - et - DANNY SOUCY, MINISTER OF POST- SECONDARY EDUCATION, TRAINING AND LABOUR RESPONDENT DANNY SOUCY, MINISTRE DE L’ÉDUCATION POSTSECONDAIRE, DE LA FORMATION ET DU TRAVAIL INTIMÉ - and - KIM DALEY, CURRENT DEPUTY MINISTER OF THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES RESPONDENT - et - KIM DALEY, SOUS-MINISTRE ACTUELLE DU MINISTÈRE DES RESSOURCES HUMAINES INTIMÉE Rose v.
Her Majesty the Queen et al., 2016 NBCA 10 Rose c. Sa Majesté la Reine et autres , 2016 NBCA 10
CORAM: The Honourable Justice Quigg The Honourable Justice Baird The Honourable Justice French CORAM : l’honorable juge Quigg l’honorable juge Baird l’honorable juge French Appeal from a ruling of the Court of Queen’s Bench: April 23, 2014 Appel d’une décision de la Cour du Banc de la Reine : le 23 avril 2014 History of Case: Historique de la cause : Decision under appeal: Unreported Décision frappée d’appel : inédite Preliminary or incidental proceedings: N/A Procédures préliminaires ou accessoires : s.o.
Appeal heard: February 22, 2016 Appel entendu : le 22 février 2016 Judgment rendered: February 22, 2016 Jugement rendu : le 22 février 2016 Counsel at hearing: For the Appellant: No one appeared For the respondents Her Majesty the Queen in right of the Province of New Brunswick (The Province of New Brunswick including the Departments of Justice, Office of the Attorney General and Finance), Premier David Alward, Attorney General Marie- Claude Blais, The Honourable Blaine Higgs, Doug Holt, Martha Bowes, Danny Soucy, Minister of Post- Secondary Education, Training and Labour and Kim Daley, current Deputy Minister of the Department of Human Resources: Keith P.
Mullin Avocats à l’audience : Pour l’appelante : personne n’a comparu Pour les intimés Sa Majesté la Reine du chef de la Province du Nouveau-Brunswick (la Province du Nouveau-Brunswick, y compris le ministère de la Justice, le Cabinet du Procureur général et le ministère des Finances), le premier ministre David Alward, la procureure générale Marie-Claude Blais, l’honorable Blaine Higgs, Doug Holt, Martha Bowes, Danny Soucy, ministre de l’Éducation postsecondaire, de la Formation et du Travail, et Kim Daley, sous-ministre actuelle des Ressources humaines : Keith P.
Mullin THE COURT The Notice of Appeal is quashed with costs of $2,500. LA COUR L’avis d’appel est annulé avec dépens de 2 500 $.
The following is the judgment delivered by THE COURT (Orally) [1] The Notice of Appeal is quashed as the rulings under appeal are not appealable pursuant to s.8(3) of the Judicature Act, R.S.N.B. 1973, c. J-2 (see The New Brunswick Telephone Company, Limited v. John Maryon InternationalLimited et al., (1980), (NB CA), 32 N.B.R. (2d) 133, [1980] N.B.J. No. 244 (C.A.) (QL); Belliveau (Bankrupt), Re(2001), (NB CA), 240 N.B.R. (2d) 139, [2001] N.B.J. No. 236 (C.A.) (QL); Milk Marketing Board (N.B.) v.Goodine Dairy Farm, 2002 NBCA 38, 251 N.B.R. (2d) 5; Sewell v.
Sewell et al., 2010 NBCA 32, 358 N.B.R. (2d) 27). [2] We order the “appellant” to pay costs in the amount of $2,500. _____________________________ KATHLEEN A. QUIGG, J.A. _____________________________ BARBARA L. BAIRD, J.A. ______________________________ RAYMOND T. FRENCH, J.A. Version française de la décision rendue par LA COUR (oralement) [1] L’avis d’appel est annulé puisqu’il ne peut être interjeté appel des décisions dont appel au titredu par. 8(3) de la
Loi sur l’organisation judiciaire, L.R.N.-B. 1973, ch. J-2 (voir New Brunswick Telephone Co. c. John Maryon International Ltd. et al. (1980), (NB CA), 32 R.N.-B. (2e) 133, [1980] A.N.-B. no 244 (C.A.) (QL); Belliveau (Bankrupt), Re (2001), (NB CA), 240 R.N.-B. (2e) 139, [2001] A.N.-B. no 236 (C.A.) (QL); Milk Marketing Board (N.B.) c. Goodine Dairy Farm, 2002 NBCA 38, 251 R.N.-B. (2e) 5; Sewell c. Sewell et autre, 2010 NBCA 32, 358 R.N.-B. (2e) 27).
[2] Nous ordonnons à l’« appelante » de payer des dépens de 2 500 $.